Friday, February 3, 2012

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine. I keep my eyes wide open all the time. I keep the ends out for the tie that binds. Because you're mine, I walk the line


From the Making Connections and Diversity presentation from our last class, I took away many things. Of all of our discussion points and activities we did, the biggest thing that I took away from it was really thinking about things from others’ perspective. This is something that I have always thought was very important. I felt like it was really reiterated in this presentation. The activity where we “walked across the line” was one that really highlighted this. It showed us the different things that others have experienced and how their view of the world is different because of this. Just because they don’t agree with you doesn’t mean that their reasoning is wrong. In their shoes, I might think the same way they do. This lesson will definitely help me with working with our community partner. We all have different schedules and different agendas. This also applies in working in my group. We all have different things that we need to accomplish during the day. Sometimes, we need to think about what is going on with the other members of the group and learn to be flexible. I thought this was a great presentation that will hopefully continue to help me and my group for the rest of the semester.  
                   -Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment