Friday, February 3, 2012

I find it very, very easy to be true. I find myself alone when each day is through. Yes, I'll admit I'm a fool for you. Because you're mine, I walk the line


 Our first Summit class meeting for the new semester dealt with making connections with those who are seemingly different from ourselves. The key point that I took away from this discussion was that the differences that we see in others are minuscule compared to the things that we have in common. For instance, when we “walked across the line”, we could see that we all had many things in common. There were many differences that we had with one another but ultimately those things are not important or prevalent to how we are as a person. It is okay to have differences as long as we are able to understand the points of views of others and respect each individual despite our differences because in the end our similarities out way the differences.
This will be very beneficial and helpful in working with our community partner, the Special Olympics. We will be able to better relate to the individuals we will be working with. Making and maintaining relationships with others is extremely important in working with our community partner and is an important quality to posses in general. 
                   -Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment