Saturday, March 17, 2012

Communication and Conflict Resolution: Collaborating Owl

From the What’s your conflict management style exercise, I came to know that my dominant animal style is the owl. Owls use a collaborating or problem confronting conflict management. With the owls, it is a win-win on all sides. Owls takes into consideration the other side’s opinions and tries to find a solution that works out for both the sides. The disadvantage is that it takes a long time to collaborate and find solutions.
And I must admit that, that is very true. I have always believed that confrontation is the best solution since while doing so, the problem is laid out in front which makes it easier to find solutions together. Although it is a great conflict solving solution, I have noticed that it doesn’t always work out, because there is always a possibility of intimidating the other person, or the other person may not be willing to talk.
My biggest strength in solving conflict would be my ability to be the first one to talk to the person I am having conflicts with. My weakness would be that I give only one chance, after I make the first move and the other person still does not respond, I tend to give up.
            -Pema W.

No comments:

Post a Comment