Friday, May 4, 2012

Suzy Bartek's Final Post

Wow, it's hard to believe that it's already been a whole school year since we first moved into summit. Time sure does fly by doesn't it. I don't know about everyone else, but I definitely thought it went by really fast. What's even more interesting is the fact that I know I've changed a lot since my first month here in summit, and it wasn't just the project that was changing me. See, I thought I knew my roommates when I first agreed to move in with them, but living with people is completely different from knowing people. We grew and really bonded together during our time here, and I am honestly going to miss having them around next year. I mean I will see them around on campus and we will all hang out, but somehow I know it's not going to be the same. Maybe it'll be better, maybe it'll just be different...who honestly knows. No matter what happens though I was very glad to have this opportunity to live in summit and experience this project with the people I did. I feel like I grow a little more each year in college, and this will definitely be a year I'll never forget. If there is one thing I learned from the summit experience it would be to never expect anything to go correctly! Just kidding! But seriously, it's to expect the unexpected and figure out ways to always see the brighter side of every situation. If you do that, you'll find yourself not as stressed and more capable of dealing with situations easier. All in all I do not regret my time here in summit, and all the trial and hardships we went through individually and as a group has done nothing but provide us with more experience. So with that I would like to end by saying that I hope everyone has a great summer! See you next year!
                  -Suzy Bartek

No comments:

Post a Comment