Sunday, April 15, 2012

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself. -Ralph Waldo Emerson


The past few months of dedication to Young Athletes Program, Special Olympics has taught me a lot of things. I have learnt that while giving something, you are not losing anything. In fact, the joy that you see in the other person’s face after you help them is much more valuable than the help you render.
The service project really opened my eyes to the many different opportunities to help, here in Springfield. The fact that there are so many organizations, willing to help anybody makes me very proud of humanity. It is a valuable piece of my experience here in the United States that I am taking back home, to my country. Until my graduation, I wish to continue to volunteer when ever possible, especially in the field of special Olympic since I have picked up skills from the service project and also from my past volunteer experience at a vocational institute for the intellectually challenged in 2011. The skills will make it easier and give me more confidence to deal with mentally/physically challenged people.

No comments:

Post a Comment